Trail Adventure Vacation in Costa Rica
March 2018 - Registration Opens Soon!
RaceQuest's 5-day, 4-night guided, "off the beaten path" trail adventure includes awesome ocean view accommodations and up to 40 miles of exploring the natural beauty of Guanacaste, Costa Rica...on foot. This active vacation also includes free entry into the trail race of your choice at 2018 XTERRA Costa Rica!
An incredible getaway.
Sample Itinerary (Thursday to Monday) - March 2018 Trip Registration opens soon!
On Thursday, you'll arrive at Liberia International Airport (LIR). Our team will meet you and transport you to our base for four nights, home of XTERRA Costa Rica. This beautiful community on the "gold coast" is best described as an endurance athlete's playground. Settle in, unpack, and go for a short run before our sunset welcome dinner.
The sun rises early and warm in Costa Rica, and you can take to the miles of trails each morning for anywhere from 6 to 10 or more miles before breakfast. Our trail sessions feature expert guidance, SAG support, and a mix of terrain and selfie-worthy views. Whether you are just getting into trail running or you've been running ultra trail races for years, you'll enjoy the flexibility and variety our inspiring location provides. Every course is suitable for hiking and walking as well!
After lunch, you may want to dip into the calm, warm open waters for a swim in the protected cove of the Pacific. Enjoy some time at the fitness center and beach club, lap pool, or get a massage at the world-class spa. Afternoons also provide the chance for another long run. If you choose, you can rent SUP boards, snorkeling equipment, and kayaks. We'll also offer an optional trip to one of the highest, fastest zip lines in the world at Diamante Eco-Adventure Park.
This trail adventure offers you the chance to run the XTERRA Costa Rica trail race of your choice: 6km, 10km or 21km. Costa Rica is one of the most spectacular courses on the XTERRA world tour, so don't miss our. Your entry fee is on us!
Your final day on Sunday will offer you the option to visit Mount Arenal volcano and have dinner under the stars at world-famous Tabacon geo-thermal springs at the base of the volcano. It's a very scenic "recovery day" and the natural mineral springs will refresh your legs like nothing else!
On Monday we checkout after breakfast and return you to the Liberia airport for your departing flights home.
With our new trail "run-cations," RaceQuest brings exceptional service from a staff with years of experience in taking care of athletes and their families. You're guaranteed to have a rewarding small-group experience with like-minded trail enthusiasts.
RaceQuest's trail running adventure includes:
- Round trip transfer from/to the airport (Liberia, Costa Rica - LIR)
- 5 days and 4 nights of luxury accommodations
- Sunset Welcome Dinner
- Light breakfast each morning
- Guided trail runs that afford you 40+ miles
- FREE ENTRY into XTERRA Costa Rica trail race of your choice
- Access to private beach club, fitness center, lap pool and world-class spa
- Trip to a U.S.-style grocery store to shop for supplies
- Open water swimming in a calm cove of the Pacific; white sand beach
- Transportation to excursions, shopping and cultural experiences from our resort
- Gift bag for each guest
- English and Spanish-fluent staff
- OPTIONAL trips to Mount Arenal volcano, Tabacon geo-thermal springs, Diamante Eco-adventure park for zip-lining and trails (modest additional fees)
Add-on options when you book:
- Full zip-lining pass to Diamante Eco-adventure Park that includes lunch and transportation - $100
- Mount Arenal / Tabacon Springs trip, includes transportation, spas and dinner at Tabacon - $150
Pricing and Booking
Double Occupancy (sharing one bedroom and bath): $995 per person
Single Occupancy (private room): $1,990
Contact us toll-free at 855-TRAV-NOW with any question prior to making your booking. Or, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel insurance in the amount of your trip and airfare is strongly recommended to protect against your unforeseen cancellation. If RaceQuest has to cancel for any reason, we will refund your money in full, or apply it if you choose to a future trip.