This is a "dream" triathlon race week tour thoughtfully designed to be a small-group experience. With 6 nights of accommodations in a noble Italian villa, private airport shuttles, course tours, daily breakfast, transportation to all race activities, help from our experienced staff and even bike and bag retrieval after the race, this is our most value-packed tour ever. Every RaceQuest athlete will enjoy reduced entry fees when booking this tour. (Race entry purchase available at check-out.)
Join the 2018 Challenge Venice Interest List
Read on for full inclusions and daily itinerary.
6-Night Challenge Venice Tour Includes:
- Discounted race entry at checkout for athletes booking through RaceQuest
- Staff greets you at Marco Polo International Airport (VCE) with a private shuttle to our villa
- 6 nights of accommodation in a beautiful, 16th Century, restored noble villa with every modern convenience (Check-in Wednesday; Check-out Tuesday)
- Full breakfast at the villa each morning
- Transportation to all race activities: athlete briefing, race registration, bike check-in, pasta party, race day, awards ceremony
- Exclusive pre-race bike course tour with the Challenge Venice race staff
- Daily private shuttle to and from Venice for touring, dining, and shopping
- Assistance with your bike; access to bike mechanic
- Bike and gear bag retrieval after the race; transport back to the villa
- Private race day shuttle for athletes and guests to and from the race
- Free use of the villa's swimming pool, new SPA, and access to services such as massage therapy, sauna and treatments onsite
- WiFi service in your room and throughout the property
- Expert assistance from RaceQuest staff throughout your stay
- Convenient location just 10 minutes from the race in a relaxing atmosphere
- Gift bag for every client filled with "swag"
- Included complimentary tour of Murano, where world-famous glass designs are crafted and guided city tour of Venice
- OPTIONAL detailed training plans (16-20 weeks) for beginner to intermediate or intermediate to advanced athletes ($295 at checkout)
- OPTIONAL Bike Assembly, Safety Check and Post-Race repacking for travel ($150 at checkout)
Itinerary in Brief
We created the Challenge Venice 6-night race week tour with an authentic Italian experience in mind. We've taken care of every detail so that all you have to do is enjoy this destination race and all that Venice has to offer. Whether you are bringing friends and family or traveling solo, we are your experienced support team from the moment you land at Venice's Marco Polo airport to the time of your departure.
Wednesday - Arrivals
Our staff will greet you at arrivals at the Marco Polo airport (VCE), and transport you to your home for 6 nights. You'll check-in to your superior accommodations that include WiFi, en suite modern bath, spa, swimming pool, gym, bar and excellent restaurant. Settle in, then meet your fellow travelers and our staff. We suggest dining onsite at the highly rated Ristorante Malipiero this first evening (Vegan and Vegetarian options available.) If you've opted for our bike assembly package, we will begin assembly upon your arrival.
Thursday - Course Tour
After an optional morning "shakeout" run in the park surrounding the villa, breakfast opens at 7:30 a.m. and is included in your tour. This morning we'll drive the bike course with you and point out key spots. Lunch will be in nearby Mestre, then we'll return to the villa. This afternoon offers plenty of free time to complete any bike assembly, enjoy the swimming pool, perhaps book a spa treatment or massage, or just relax. Late afternoon we offer a complimentary shuttle and help you across to Venice for dinner, touring, etc. This evening, we'll pick you up and return you to the villa.
Friday - Race Registration and Expo
After enjoying a leisurely morning, you may want to take a short ride on your bike and ensure you're dialed in. Lunch is on your own at the villa, or walk a few blocks into downtown Mestre where a wide variety of options are available. Early afternoon we'll depart for the race site where you can register and check out the expo. This is also another opportunity to meet with onsite bike mechanics if you need any adjustments. After we return to the villa, you'll have the option of attending the race's welcome pasta party, or venturing into Venice for dinner. We will provide transportation for both options.
Saturday - Bike Check-in and Athlete Briefing
This morning we'll be tagging and loading your bike for transport to the bike check-in. We'll transport you to the race site for the mandatory athlete briefing (given in English), and bike and gear bag check-in. Once these tasks are complete, we'll offer transport back to the villa. We recommend an early dinner at the villa or in nearby Mestre.
Sunday - RACE DAY
Early morning as race day is here! The villa will provide you with a boxed breakfast. We'll depart for T2 where you can check on your bike, get body-marked, and board the shuttle provided by the race over to the swim start in Venice. Our staff will be watching for you at the swim exit, and after transition opens late afternoon, we will retrieve your bike and bags for you, returning them to the villa. We will provide transport back to the villa with shuttle times for athletes and spectators after you finish.
Monday - Recovery Day
Bask in your achievement of competing at Challenge Venice, enjoy breakfast at the villa, and perhaps book a therapeutic massage at the SPA. For those who wish to attend the Awards presentation, we'll depart at 9:30 a.m., and return at 11:30 a.m. The afternoon is completely yours to tour, shop or relax. From the villa, staff can arrange a complimentary tour of Murano Island to see the world-famous glass artisans at work. If you opted for our premium bike service, we'll dis-assemble and repackage your bike for you prior to travel.
Tuesday - Departures or Further Travel
This morning following breakfast and check-out, we'll provide complimentary private shuttle to the Marco Polo airport if you're departing for home, or the Mestre train station if you wish to do further traveling in Italy.
Pricing and Booking Opens October 2017
Single and Double Occupancy Options are available. Price will be per person, for racing athlete or spectator.