5-Night Race Week Tour: July 20-25, 2017
Race Day: Sunday, July 23, 2017 - HALF Distance or RELAY
Challenge Iceland: It's "other-worldly!"
One of the world's most pristine natural landscapes beckons you at this wildly popular new half-distance triathlon. We offer guaranteed race entry at Early Bird pricing, plus a comprehensive 5-night tour to help you shake up an ordinary race schedule with a true "race-cation" in 2017!
BREAK from the ordinary with our 5-Night Tour and optional Race Entry
This is the ideal way to race in Iceland! Enjoy the support of our experienced staff as RaceQuest ensures you are well looked after from the moment you arrive in Reykjavik. As professional triathlete and 2016 Challenge Iceland Champion, Kevin Collington, described this course, it's filled with "other-worldly scenery." This is a half-distance race that can be done as an individual, or as a relay team sharing the 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run.
Our 5-night race week tour is comprehensive and value-packed for every triathlete. We greet you at Reykjavik airport on Thursday, July 20 and transport you to a beautiful apartment that includes your own kitchen. It's in the heart of so much to see and do in Reykjavik. We assist you with race check-in, take you on a private tour of the race course, and provide transportation to all official race activities. After the race on Sunday, we help with bike and bag retrieval, shuttle back to our hotel, and take you to the famous geo-thermal pools of the Blue Lagoon on Monday. Tuesday we offer transport to the airport, or arrange further tours for you in Iceland.
Challenge Iceland 5-Night Race Tour Includes:
- Greeting upon arrival at Reykjavik Airport; transfer to hotel
- 6 days and 5 nights in spacious, beautifully appointed apartments that include kitchens in the heart of Reykjavik
- Breakfast basket delivered to your room each day
- Ground transportation to all race activities
- Thorough, guided tour of the race course
- Access to bike mechanic
- Indoor lap swimming pool available near our hotel
- Pre-race pasta party
- Race day shuttle in our vans
- Bike and gear bag retrieval and transport after the race
- Guaranteed race entry (if you need one - can be added on at checkout for the race's early Bird price)
- Transport on Monday to the famous Blue Lagoon thermal pools
- Assistance with booking additional nights and sightseeing
- Travel, logistics, and on-site concierge service; high level of personal service from our staff
- RaceQuest gift bag for every guest
- FUN, small-group race week with like-minded travelers from around the world!
Pricing and How to Book
The Challenge Iceland Race Week Tour is now open for booking. Choose a Single private room, or Double Occupancy (one bed OR twin share) before this limited tour sells out.
Double Occupancy or Twin Share (per person, athlete or guest): $1,895 US
Single Occupancy: $2,295 US
Additional Options at Checkout:
Race Entry for Challenge Iceland Half-Distance: $275 US (this is the Early Bird price from the race)
Training Plan: 16-20 week training plan for Beginner to Intermediate OR Intermediate to Advanced triathletes to prepare you for this course. $295
RUSTER Sports Bike Bag and Wheelcase: $595
Terms and Conditions
A $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to book the Challenge Iceland tour. Balances due are taken on the credit card you provide for your deposit on February 1, 2017. If you must cancel, please notify us in writing on or prior to March 31, 2017 for a refund of all monies paid toward your tour, less the $500 cancellation fee. Any request for cancellation received on or after April 1, 2017 is subject to 100% cancellation fee. If RaceQuest Travel must cancel the tour for any reason, you will be refunded 100%, provided to you in the form of a refund directly to your credit card. You may also opt to transfer the funds toward a future tour or camp with RaceQuest, with no expiration. This tour does not include race entry fee or airfare. Entry fee may be purchased at checkout separately, for the race's Early Bird price. Local taxes and fees are included. There is a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 12 clients for this small-group tour.