Bhutan: The Last Secret
May 26 - June 3, 2017
Bhutan, the Land of the Thunder Dragon, is no ordinary place.
This is a Himalayan Kingdom replete with myths and legends, where the best of traditional culture thrives and the latest global developments are enthusiastically embraced.
All-Inclusive Trip Highlights Include:
- 200 km covered in 6 distinct stages
- Traditional Buddhist culture
- Rural villages
- Daily breakfast, light lunch, dinner and non-alcoholic beverages during your trip
- Individual airport pick-up in Paro and transport to hotel in Thimphu (60 minute drive)
- One night hotel accommodation including breakfast in Thimphu
- 6-days of race organization and logistics
- Medical support during race days
- Finisher medal and shirt
- Experienced Bhutan race guides, plus access to our exclusive RaceQuest Master Class online webinar
- U.S. - based travel team to answer your pre-travel questions and assist with your logistics
- One night hotel accommodation including breakfast in Paro
- Buffet-style dinner and award ceremony with cultural show
- Transport to Paro International Airport on June 3
- Visa fee (once passport copy is received, we obtain your Visa)
- Includes Bhutan Government Tourism Fee of $250 US per day
- Finish the race at the most spectacular and mystic monastery on earth, hanging in the cliffs at an altitude of 3000 meters!
- International and national flights
- Separate beverages and tips
- Optional extension programs
$3395 per person, paid as $1,000 non-refundable deposit followed by $2395 collected on Feb. 1, 2017.
Breaking Down the Bhutan Course:
Most of the route is on off-road tracks with gravel or forest soil. Only in very few cases will there be asphalted ground.
Three passes of about 3500m have to be crossed. At the very end, finish at the Tiger’s nest with a final climb to 3050m.
Corresponding descents have to be run.
En route, you will go through prime forest, pass numerous small villages and Buddhist sites.
Camp 1 (1200m)
Located approx. 80km east from the capital Thimphu next to Punakha Dzong. (tents)
32km, first 22km are flat and follow a river valley, then a climb to approximately 1750m
Camp 2 (1750m)
Located at the hill in the forest. (tents)
29km, climb to a mountain pass (3500m), then a descent to 2500m through a forest.
Camp 3 (2500m)
Located in a farmhouse in a small village
28km, First section flat, then a climb to a monastery (2800m). The course then follows the ridge before the climb to the Phajoding Monastery (3600m).
Camp 4 (3600m)
Located inside the Phajoding Monastery.
The biggest desire of the young monks in this monastery is to play a short soccer match against the runners in the late afternoon. We have agreed to fulfill this wish!
37km, ups and downs, mainly through forest and villages. Crosses a mountain pass of about 3500m, last section is a descent to the camp at 2280m.
Camp 5 (2280m)
Located in a farmhouse
52km, mainly flat
Camp 6 (2500m)
Near Paro (tents)
15km, at first the course follows a river and is flat. The final 4km are a steep climb to the finish-line at the monastery of Taktshang Goemba (Tiger’s Nest) (3050m).
Now Booking 2017 Bhutan: The Lost Secret, 5th Edition
The 2017 edition of this race is priced at $3395 per person. To reserve your place on our team for 2017 a $1,000 non-refundable deposit is now being accepted. Balances will be collected on the credit card you provide to us at time of booking, on February 1, 2017.
Contact Us With Any Question
Please email email@example.com for more information. Once your deposit is received, we will send a client information form and proceed with your travel arrangements. Our CEO, Krista Baker-Scheyer, and our Co-Founder, Scott Coey, have both attended this event and are available to assist you with any question.
Cancellation Policy for Bhutan: The Lost Secret
If you cancel in writing to us on or before February 10, 2017 we will refund all monies paid, less the $1,000 deposit. Please note that a limited number of athletes will be accepted into Bhutan: The Lost Secret, and all participants must complete a client information packet, medical exam and be declared fit to race by a Medical Doctor.